With the introduction of blockchain-enabled adaptive solar microgrid networks, Power2Peer is turning people on to a new era of energy consumption. Decentralized solar microgrid networks mean that when the central utility grid goes down, power is still available. With blockchain peer-to-peer trading, individuals and communities will gain the independence to decide where their energy comes from, and where excess solar energy goes, all through the automation of smart contracts. This new energy ecosystem provides economic opportunity not only in the form of decreased energy costs and increased income, but also through the construction and maintenance of infrastructure necessary to capturing and transacting solar power. Moreover, the end result will be a green energy economy where the decrease of carbon emissions is inherently incentivized, rather than cost prohibitive.
Power2Peer’s intention is to provide an alternative to the main electrical supply grid by enabling localized microgrids powered by solar panels. No longer will people be completely dependent on a centralized grid operated by large corporations.
Benefits to Consumer, Community, Grid and Society
Power2Peer uses a blockchain framework with solar panels providing power data via microinverter IoT sensors. Power generation data is sent to a cloud-based analytics engine. The analytics engine feeds into a software-defined adaptive controller connected to solar microgrids. Based on information from the engine, the adaptive controller manages resilient power flow and enables peer-to-peer energy trading.
Factors in Favor of Power2Peer’s Success
- The markets for solar and microgrids are growing. The rise of the sharing economy has ignited interest in the idea of “energy sharing.” Using new technologies like blockchain, innovators are creating opportunities for consumers to take control.
- Power2Peer’s physical network of microgrids and energy trading market energizes and connects communities with a shared purpose – making better use of local resources.
- A unique combination of a fit-for-purpose adaptive controller, micro-inverters, and analytics paired with blockchain enables trading and fail-safe operations.
- The architecture of the adaptive solar microgrid system is enabled, from the beginning, for the scale-up of microgrid adoption.
- The initial offering of ElectroTokens is a chance to support innovation in its early stages. Owners of tokens will be active participants in new energy markets, learning as market dynamics unfold.
This is an ideal time to become actively involved in how electricity is generated and delivered. By investing in ElectroTokens, buyers will have an opportunity to support energy independence, decrease carbon emissions and strengthen the resilience of the grid.